Amazon’s Global Workforce Strategy and Innovation Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated North America Senior Manager of Workforce Operations. This Manager leads a broad set of teams that plan, execute and analyze the critical labor acquisition functions for hourly hiring in Delivery and newly launching businesses. From capacity forecasting, candidate engagement, to labor delivery execution and risk forecasting, this team collaborates across a wide spectrum of business partners to improve Amazon’s labor cost, capacity and customer experience. A newly formed team within Global Workforce Staffing, AGWS is pioneering solutions to our toughest workforce challenges across the globe building innovative labor models and infrastructure that improve Amazon’s employment value proposition and scale over time.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong analytics background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about the talent supply chain. This individual will lead the analysis of labor supply and demand across a large geography composed of multiple Amazon business lines. He/she will collaborate with the centralized applicant sourcing, advertising, analytics, business operations and finance teams to deliver effective delivery of workforce strategies across different employee types.
Core Responsibilities and Skills:
•Ability to work in highly ambiguous environments and build solutions that have the ability to flex with the business needs and ultimately scale
·Anticipates future business needs and identifies investments needed, and builds the infrastructure to ensure optimization capability is geared toward (or even ahead of) business demand
·Builds labor acquisition strategy inclusive of employee class recommendations, labor pool utilization, talent pool conversion and other channel resources across different Amazon businesses
·Ability to translate customer service requirements into logistics/supply chain requirements
• Lead initiatives to optimize hiring lead times, costs and service levels
• Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the labor plan to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered
• Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers throughout the activity cycle and during daily/weekly reviews
• Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share planning best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
·Management and ownership of cost per hire through oversight of labor, advertising and other talent acquisition costs
·Management of the talent supply chain utilizing lean methodology
·Management of candidate cycle time, conversion rates and applicant funnel metrics to benchmark or above
·Alignment with finance and operations partners to optimize labor acquisition strategy
·Demonstrated return on investment from community engagement strategies
·Meet or exceed associate experience service levels and KPI’s measured by hiring activity results and defect reduction
·Deliver Monthly business reviews
·Growth of team’s core and advanced skills sets measured by progression in their career path
Basic Qualifications· A completed Bachelor’s Degree
· 10+ years Management experience in a workforce planning / supply chain / operations management environment
· Ability to lead, teach and develop associates and managers to deliver key organizational goals.
· Demonstrated success with program & portfolio management in highly matrixed, rapidly changing business environments.
· Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
· Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
· Ability to develop and implement planning processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate strategy into operational plans and business results.
· Experience with managing large-scale organizational change.
· Experience defining technical requirements and working with systems resources
· Travel up to 75% in North America.
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelors Degree in Operations or related field as well as a MBA is a plus
· Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
· Ability to Deep Dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation