Team: Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious and driven team that continues to push the state of the art and improve the daily lives of customers.
Role: The Pre-Construction Manager role is a position that will work cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and will manage new store projects from site analysis to store opening.. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, comfortable wearing many hats and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. You are talented and highly regarded within the industry, detail-oriented and have demonstrated the ability to work back from core customer needs. You consistently manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and multiple work scopes efficiently because organization and attention to detail are second nature. You are comfortable working with landlords, engineers, architects, city officials, real estate brokers, contractors and others external team member from initial site review through lease negotiation.
· Work with technical and non-technical business owners/partners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
· Develop and lead the collaborative pre-construction process for multiple new store projects in assigned geographic area.
· Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with business partners including landlords, real estate managers, construction managers, architects & engineers and store design team members.
· Evaluate site feasibility including customer, delivery access and general prototype program requirements.
· Create construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts. Track project budgets from initial site evaluation to ground-break.
· Responsible for approval of developer/landlord building envelope delivery and schedule.
· Review and approve building plans. Clarify drawings and document scope between landlord shell drawings and tenant plans.
· Establish effective relationships along with an understanding of municipalities permit process and schedules.
· Lead weekly meetings to keep all parties aligned on scope, schedule, permitting and budget. Effectively facilitate and communicate during critical project milestones including handoffs between project team members.
· Travel throughout North America approximately 20% of the time.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of experience in retail construction management, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the industry
· Have strong project management experience in multiple building types and locations
· Experience developing and managing budgets, schedules and work letters
· Ability to conduct financial business case analysis / translate information into useful formats and draw conclusions
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
· Ability to lead negotiations and manage high-level meetings and discussions
· BA/BS degree from accredited university
· Experience in negotiating commercial contracts, master agreements, work letters and other construction agreements
Preferred Qualifications· Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
· Experience with senior-level presentations
· Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects
· Strong organizational skills and business acumen
· Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
· Construction management degree
· Experience with Smartsheet, Sales Force or similar real estate project and portfolio management tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation