At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our WW Ops HR Organization as a Program Manager – with a background in operational excellence projects, Standard Work development and implementation, and methodologies based in our Seattle headquarters. The Program Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role which utilizes the methodologies of our Global Standard Work Program and will drive continuous improvement across our network in the standard use of our critical Human Resource programs globally.
The candidate selected will be responsible for maintaining close relationships with our People Technology teams, HR teams and Operational teams as key stake holders, understanding our highest priority execution pain points, allowing the ability to drive operational excellence in standardization adoption and usage of critical Human Resource programs lifecycle processes, platforms and initiatives.
Basic QualificationsSuccessful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to understand business goals, system platforms and processes and recommend new approaches and procedures to effect standardization and improvements in meeting business objectives, productivity and development of large scale high volume technology platforms.
• Drive the creation and implementation of Standard Work quality initiatives to meet and exceed Business Plans.
• Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement; Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements.
• Strong project management and analytical skills; ability to lead projects at a global network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution, analysis and achievement of the right results.
• Drive continuous improvement, defect reduction, standard work and culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible hands-on leadership.
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments.
• The ability to be comfortable with a high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
• A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
• Strong internal and external customer service focus.
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills a must.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 3+ years Amazon experience
• Resume showing steady progression of 7 to 10+ years in operational excellence environments and experience in Fortune 500 company(s).
• Resume showing steady progression in the area of Six Sigma methodologies, standardizing of tools/systems, work products, defect reduction and human error.
· A minimum of a Green Belt Certification (or working demonstration of skillset) with specific project related experience associated with standardization and improvement programs.
• Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments).
• Ability to travel when needed (up to 50%)
Preferred Qualifications• Advanced degree from a top tier graduate school.
• Blackbelt Certification with strong evidence of performance and impact
• Strong evidence of stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles.
• Successful record of building, improving and running operational business processes globally, ability to drive program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments – great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
• Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
• Strategic orientation, able to work with sophisticated financial analyses, assess and mitigate risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and anticipate and navigate scenarios in a complex business environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
• Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances – solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
• Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to delight others – ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience
• Military leadership experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age