Amazon’s Talent Assessment team designs and implements groundbreaking hiring solutions for one of the world’s fastest growing companies. We work in a fast-paced, global environment where we must solve complex problems (ranging from research-based to technical) and deliver solutions that have impact.
We are seeking personnel selection researchers with a strong foundation in the development of pre-hire selection assessments, traditional and alternative legally defensible assessment validation approaches, research methodology, and data analysis. We are looking for equal parts researchers and consultant/thought leaders who are highly adaptable and continual learners who thrive in a fast paced environment.
You will work closely with Amazon global teams to design and experiment new hiring solutions that predict success for highly complex roles (technical and non-technical) that have great impact on Amazon globally.
What you’ll do:
· Lead the tactical development and execution of large scale, highly visible personnel selection research projects
· Develop and iterate on experimental research studies to optimize qualitative and quantitative hiring strategies
· Develop and innovate on new pre-hire test assessment design, validation, and implementation
· Partner with internal and external technology teams
· Influence executive project sponsors and multiple business and development teams across Amazon globally
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
Basic Qualifications· Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· 5 years of relevant experience in applied selection practices, job analysis, test development, and validation
· Foundational skills in conducting experimental research studies and data analysis
· Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, etc.)
· Adaptable and thrives in a fast paced work environment
Preferred Qualifications· PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· 5-10 years of relevant experience in applied selection practices, job analysis, test development, and validation
· Strong internal consulting skills and a track record of influencing stakeholders
· Proven skills in experimental research design
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong quantitative analytical abilities
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Experience working in cross-functional technical teams