Job Description: Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant (VRC)
Join Amazon’s HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! Disability and Leave Services (DLS) is currently looking for a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant to provide professional vocational rehabilitation, counseling and guidance related to return to work strategies. The VRC collaborates with internal team members and external vendors to devise innovative solutions for all Amazonians.
The VRC is highly skilled in customer service (what we call Customer Obsession) and vendor relations, influencing stakeholders, advocating for program goals and initiatives on behalf of Amazon’s employees, and in assessing and responding to complex and escalated cases. This individual will be an integral team member working with our legal, compliance, business operations, and leadership to enhance vocational casework related to all DLS services.
The DLS organization is rapidly growing. The ideal candidate will be a VRC who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The VRC will need to have the ability to research, understand, and operationalize vocational rehabilitation casework. The individual in this role must have strong self-management skills, a desire to knowledge share, and an ability to translate business needs and goals into human resource capabilities, producing favorable results for the company and employees.
As the DLS Vocational Rehab. Consultant you will:
· Report on program key initiatives, and work on continuous improvement projects with internal and external teams to drive solutions,
· Work with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) to identify candidates for early Vocational program entrance
· Conduct comprehensive assessments of employees’ needs for vocational rehabilitation services
· Provide individual vocational intervention such as counseling and guidance to individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment (approximate caseload of 40-50 cases)
· Leverage internal resources such as accommodations, vocational coaching, Career Choice and others
· Identify appropriate return to work options and/or barriers in order to partner with internal resources to ensure a smooth transition back into employability and normal activities
· Ensure excellent documentation that clearly and concisely communicates work related functionality vs. impairment.
· Work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, and maintain a strong attention to detail to meet organizational objectives and quality measures.
· Must be able to travel 25%, as necessary
Identify and proposes other available resources for VR participants outside of the organization
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Psychology, Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work or related field
· 5+ years disability/vocational rehabilitation intervention in a professional environment
· 3+ years of experience working with absence, leave, disability, return to work, and accommodations
· Substantial experience with Long Term Disability case management, applying ADA/ADAAA, and establishing/executing case management plans
· Experience in administering ERISA-governed plans and related documents or communications
· Master’s Degree and or Licensed Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
· Experience communicating to a diverse, global audience
· Ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in setting and managing expectations
· Excellent writing and editing skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.