At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds and offer them an environment where they can relentlessly innovate for our customers. As a member of our WHS Launch Operations, you will have an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to that goal and grow a safe environment for our customers and associates.
We are looking for a Launch Program Manager to join the WHS Launch Operations team, supporting the North America Customer Fulfillment WHS Launch Operations program. This team is responsible for assuring the success of WHS launch operations in the US and Canada for all sites that fall under NACF. The WHS Launch Operations teams is focused on the successful recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and training of WHS personnel at launch sites and is responsible for overseeing the execution of new initiatives and pilot projects at launch sites.
As the Program Manager II, you will be responsible for launch related projects that drive staffing, recruiting and new hire placement using data to deliver on expectations. Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and bias for action are core requirements of the Program Manager II.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Deliver results to achieve stated goals and projects as assigned
· Manage away team support
· Works with WHS leaders to staff away team roles for launch sites
· Liaison with assimilation team and site leaders to coordinate travel, per diem and schedules.
· Support WHS launch escalations where appropriate
· Provide effective communication across teams
· Provide site support on the execution of policy implementation and Road to Launch
· Identify and communicate network improvements and projects for site implementation
· Continually improve launch experience by identifying gaps, proposing solutions, and overseeing execution
· Support WHS Launch Away team escalations where appropriate
· Partner to drive continual process improvement
· Collect, analyze, and present data to drive decision making as required
· Anticipate bottlenecks and blockers, assess risks, mitigate issues, and troubleshooting as needed
· Work with cross-functional teams
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS in , environmental, ergonomics, or other related field
· 3-5 years of increasing responsibilities in , environmental programs
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments
· Understanding of EHS related federal, state and local laws/regulations/policies/procedures to include FMCSA, DOT, CMV.
· Experience with performance metrics and process improvements and data analysis
· Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team and achieve critical deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-WHS motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
· Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence
· Ability to use Excel, Word, and other common desktop software applications
· Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends
Preferred Qualifications· Certified Professional
· Masters’ Degree
· Experience leading and managing a team
· Possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies